Concentrated inspection campaign
Concentrated inspection campaigns focus on specific areas where high levels of deficiencies have been encountered by PSCOs, or where new convention requirements have recently entered into force. Campaings take place yearly over a period of 3 months (September - November) and are combined with a regular inspection.
Over the years the following topics have been the focus of a CIC:
- 2013 Propulsion and auxiliary machinery
- 2012 Fire Safety Systems
- 2011 Structural safety and Load Lines
- 2010 Tanker damage stability
- 2009 Lifesavings: Lifeboat launching arrangements
- 2008 Safety of Navigation: Solas chapter V
- 2007 Implementation of the International Safety Management Code (ISM-Code)
- 2006 MARPOL 73/78 Annex I
- 2005 Global Maritime Distress Safety System (GMDSS)
- 2004 Labour and live circumstances: Working and living conditions
- 2003 Operational Compliance on board passenger ships
- 2002 International Safety Management Code (ISM-Code).