The overriding factors listed below are considered sufficiently serious to trigger an additional inspection at Priority I:
- Ships reported by another Member State excluding unexpected factors,
- Ships involved in a collision, grounding or stranding on their way to port,
- Ships accused of an alleged violation of the provisions on discharge of harmful substances or effluents,
- Ships which have been manoeuvred in an erratic or unsafe manner whereby routing measures, adopted by the IMO, or safe navigational practices and procedures have not been followed,
- Ships which have been suspended or withdrawn from their Class for safety reasons after last PSC inspection,
- Ships which cannot be identified in the database.